• 215g cups rolled oats
• 43g wheat flour
• 28g unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
• 21g cup unsweetened coconut
• 2 tablespoons flax seeds
• 113g cup natural almond butter
• 1 cup of freshly squeezed Jaffa orange juice
• Zest of 1 Jaffa orange
• 170g cup honey
• 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 64g cup golden raisins
Step 1 - Place rack in centre of oven and preheat to 180oC/160oC fan/gas 4. Line an 8in square baking tin with parchment paper or foil. Coat with cooking spray.
Step 2 - Mix the oats, wheat germ, almonds, coconut and flax seeds, and spread across an ungreased baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 11-13 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring once half-way through. Remove from oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 160oC/140oC fan/gas 3.
Step 3 - In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the orange juice. Stir occasionally until reduced by around half (roughly 5 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Stir in the almond butter, orange zest, honey, vanilla, ginger, and salt, heating and stirring until smooth. Pour over the oat mixture. Fold until slightly incorporated. Add the beaten egg and continue to mix until the oats are evenly moistened. Fold in the golden raisins.
Step 4 - Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until fragrant and lightly golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Using parchment paper, lift from the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely (at least 1 hour.) Slice and serve.
• 350ml cups freshly squeezed Jaffa orange juice (About 4 oranges)
• 1 ripe banana
• 2 dates, pitted
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 128g cup rolled oats
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 60ml cup unsweetened almond milk (to pour over oats in the morning)
• Toasted unsweetened coconut flakes & almonds (to garnish)
Step 1 - Place rolled oats and chia seeds in a bowl or jar and set aside.
Step 2 - Combine freshly squeezed orange juice, banana, dates and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3 - Pour orange juice mixture over oats and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. Enjoy in the morning cold or at room temperature. Garnish with orange segments, toasted almonds, coconut and a splash of almond milk.
• 3 Jaffa oranges (one used in the dressing, the other 2 peeled, diced, and seeded)
• 4 big handfuls rocket, washed and dried
• 2-3 small beetroot
• 2 cups cooked and chilled quinoa
• 1/2 cup walnuts and pecans (soaked and toasted)
• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon orange zest
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Salt to taste
Step 1 - Steam/ boil the beetroot (20 mins), once cooled, thinly slice the beetroot
Step 2 - In a medium sized saucepan, place the nuts and heat over medium heat. Stir almost constantly until the nuts are lightly browned (don’t let them burn!). Remove from pan, and place on a cutting board chop into bite-sized pieces.
Step 3 - For the dressing: Zest one orange until you get 1 teaspoon, then juice the orange. Place 1/4 cup of orange juice with the zest in a container with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Mix vigorously until well combined. Taste and add salt, if needed.
Step 4 - In a large salad bowl, add the salad ingredients, toss with about half the dressing. Taste test and add more if desired. Serve right away.
• 1/4 cup almonds, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup water
• 3 dates, softened with pits removed
• 3 Jaffa oranges
• 1/3 cup chia seeds
• Granola for topping (optional)
Step 1 - Place almonds and water in high-speed blender. Process until well blended.
Step 2 - Remove to nut milk bag and strain.
Step 3 - Place almond milk back in blender with dates. Blend until very smooth.
Step 4 - Remove the zest from one orange and add to the almond milk date mixture. Segment the insides of the orange and set aside.
Step 5 - Juice the two remaining oranges. Add juice (approximately 1/2 to 3/4 cup) to the almond milk and zest. Stir.
Step 6 - Add chia seeds, stir. Let set for 20 minutes.
Step 7 - Stir in orange sections that you set aside.